Once upon a time in Autumn.

 It's officially Autumn bitches! 

If you were looking for a place of respite against the onslaught of Autumnal themed posts on social media, I'm afraid this isn't it. 

As an October baby, (I was born on Halloween) I'm a die hard fan of all things Mabon. 

So do excuse me whilst I sip my pumpkin spice latte, eat my apple pie and polish my pumpkins...

As it also coincides with Second Hand September, an initiative Oxfam has launched to encourage more people to shop second hand, I thought I'd do a cheeky little post showing my outfits and shenanigans for the beginning of Autumn. 


September hasn't really been looking autumnal until very recently, hence my first outfit choice. I wore this second hand Indian skirt, (via Vinted) and a top donated to me by my sister at the start of September, when we were getting that lovely last of the summer sunshine. 



The clogs were also second hand from Vinted and my Om necklace was a present to my daughter from Bunkfest which she promptly ignored! 


Speaking of daughter, how cute are these Clarks Chelsea boots I managed to snap up for her on Vinted. They're such great condition and go with so many outfits. 


Speaking of cheap and cheerful (not me you cheeky beggers), our homegrown tomatoes have finally ripened enough to pick. I'll never get over the peppery taste of homegrown toms, they are so flavoursome. 

My friend Rosie keeps teasing me that I'm going through a Goth, witch phase with my wardrobe (but kindly pointed out that I'm managing not to make it look too costumey)! I consider that a compliment and pretty accurate! I'm usually all about vibrant colours but I recently I learned that much like the crystal black Tourmaline, wearing the colour black is thought of as protective. I like feeling like I'm protected so I've been rocking this shade of late! 


Everything bar my pants is courtesty of Vinted. The boots were originally Asos £8, the jumpsuit is an old Topshop number and the shaggy cardigan is Tu from Sainsburys. 


I don't consider it Autumn until I've officially made a stew. This cabbage and butterbean stew is made with olive oil, courgettes, butternut squash and seasoned with rosemary, thyme and parsley. It doesn't photograph well but it tastes delicious (especially with crusty bread)! 


It's finally coat weather and this £10, vintage 70's coat from Vinted has been doing just the trick. I'm wearing it with a charity shopped vintage Monsoon dress I got for £5. I think it looks very reminiscent of 90s Phoebe Buffay which I love!  



In case you're wondering about the line in the photo its my dog's lead -Ozzie didn't want to be in the photo and was pulling to hurry me up so we could go for his morning stroll!  


I've been giving my glasses a bit more of an outing to reduce the amount of contact lenses I'm having to buy. Having been a contact lenses convert for years it's been a bit of an adjustment wearing them again but I like the retro style frames. I'm going to enjoy not wearing them tomorrow as I want to give the bridge of my nose a break from having them constantly slide down! 


Last but not least my second hand purple suit had another outing when I said yes to a spontaneous request to go see a George Michael tribute act. I hadn't considered myself a George Michael fan but honestly the live music and performer were so damn good I've found myself humming George tunes ever since. My friend Kat is wearing a vintage parrot Hawaiian shirt she bought from me to support my Hippie Trail Vintage business. Thanks Kat! 

Well, blog you later lovers! 

Love Sophia 

xxx 


Comments

Popular Posts